(Thursday, December 5, 2013)
Forty-one years ago, my mom dashed to a hospital in Buenos Aires, Argentina, ran up four flights of stairs and gave birth to me in a little under 20 minutes. I've been extremely punctual ever since.
It's hard to believe that I'm 41 years old. It's hard to believe that a year's passed since my last birthday. But time flies and getting a year older is certainly better than the alternative.
Have a drink on me tonight, internets.
Just One Of Those Days
(Tuesday, December 3, 2013)
The Thanksgiving Wrap-up
(Monday, December 2, 2013)
It's hard to believe that it's December. Even harder to believe that I'm only a few days away from 41. And also hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already behind us. What did we do? Um, like, everything.
- Saw Frozen (awesome) and Catching Fire (so much teen angst)
- Had a date night
- Celebrated Thanksgiving with two separate celebrations and all of our family
- Dressed cousins in matching PJs
- Went to the doctor (again) and got jacked up on steroids (again)
- Ate way too much
- Drank totally the appropriate amount (uh-huh)
- Watched a few episodes of The Good Wife
- Took Mia on a date for Mexican food and Ender's Game which she loved though it's a tossup which she liked more - the movie or enchiladas
- Discovered how to spell enchiladas
- Taught the kids how to play Mexican Train
- Visited Arlington Cemetery and our veteran relatives
- Slept in
- Made and decorated gingerbread men
- Regrettably set the alarm for 5:40 this morning
And now you're caught up. I'm exhausted. How about you?